Tom and Mary live in England. They both work in London, but they don't live there. Mary works in a hotel and Tom drives a taxi. They both enjoy their jobs, because they meet a lot of people. They live in a very nice house, but they want to move. We like our jobs, Mary says but we have to travel to London every day. It takes a long time and it costs a lot of money. Mary wants to buy a house in London, but houses there cost a lot, too.
Here we practise The Present Simple Tense.
1. Robert is younger than Sue.
2. My cousin is taller than my brother.
3. A kitten is smaller than a cat.
4. My father is two years older than my uncle.
5. Dogs are better than cats.
- Hello, I am really very tired today. I was in the forest where I skated a lot.
- Really? Are you fond of winter sport?
- Yes, I am. I do sport every two days. And what kind of winter sports are you fond of? - I am fond of skiing most of all. To my opinion it's a very interesting sport.
- How interesting! How many times a week do you go to your trainings?
- Four times a week.
- And what other kinds of sports are you fond of?
- Besides it I like basketball, but sad to say I play it very badly.
- I also play basketball badly. I'm afraid "of any ball".
- Well, Alina. Let's say good-bye each other, I have to hurry home.
- Ok, see you!
century. every christmas, london gets a gift from the people of norway-a christmas tree that is 23 metres high. it stands in the centre of london, in trafalgar square and it is decorated with 500 white lights. christmans is a time that families. at night people get together to christmas. celebrating christmas a christmas dinner and listening to the queeh's christmas when the queen speaks directly to ''her''
people on tv and on the radio. there are many royal traditions in britain. the queen's telegram is not a very old custom but it is very old people. every british person gets a telegram from the queen on their ohe-hundredth . the changing of the is very beautiful tradition. every morning tourists go to watch the ceremohy at buckingham palace. at 11.30 the guard that stands in front of the palace change.
слова которые нужно вставить; guard, speech, was introced, includes, is connected, occasion, is celebrated, follow, mark, are preserved, unites anniversary
1 Merlin created/made a contest to see who
could pull the sword from the stone.
2 People believed he had magical/huge powers.
3 There are a lot of special/fascinating figures in
4 Fashion fads/hits don't last very long.
5 Avatar is a computer-generated/fiction film.
Here you a
1. If I (to be)busy, I (not to go)to the concert. 2. If she (to come )to help me yesterday , we (to do) this work quicker . 3. If you (to put)on your glasses, you (to see better. )4. He (to be )very displeased, if you (not to ring )him up. 5. If you (not to be ) so careless about your health last month, you (to consult )the doctor.